21st March 2004
Today I witnessed a flower wilt and die, withering away petal by petal, in haunting and creepy slow-motion. It was a healthy marigold. Well, it was yellow. I'm not that good with flower names. But in a long time, I felt guilty of 'murdering' a plant. All I wanted to do was to stick it on my notice board. So I stuck a pin right at the centre of the bud. Immediately, it 'came to life', taunting, cursing and gasping for life. Before it disintegrated completely, I tried removing the pin but it was too late. I had struck at the core of its being. All I could do was to pick each petal and offer it to the Lord for safekeeping. May the soul of the once proud and stunning beauty of beauties rest in peace in a heaven of had-been marigolds.
-end-
Sunday, March 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment