Friday, November 07, 2003

Today's Outpour with a poem!

7th November 2003

Tomorrow will be a good day, and the day after, even better. Today, I was again in a state of denial, only very recently acknowledging that I can get tired and scared. Is this a nutritional issue? Or is it the weather? But we have mentioned that countless times haven't we? Is this creative writing? Or a stress buster? Is this entertainment? Do people care what I write about? Do I care what people think? Am I sounding depressed? But I'm not usually like that. So it must be entertainment. Today, someone asked me about my past, enquiring about my accent. And then later on, I talked about my future. Write a novel, run a restaurant, produce and direct a multi million dollar film, and drive a red Ferrari. All before 35? Don't know, but right now, I need a punching bag.

-end-

Note: Please let me know if any of this is affecting you. I will totally understand, no reasons have to be given, and if a lot of people feel this way, I'll stop writing this altogether.

The Bonus Poem :) As D-Day is coming closer, I thought, why not share something I wrote sometime back, when I was depressed, sick, and in need of some emotional support. Would you believe it? Well, read the following, and form your own judgements...

Nurse

Slow and deliberate
On a cold lonely night
My back won't budge
And my sickness is such...

I hum a pleasant tune
And chew on fruit and nut
I heave and sneeze again
Ah, this calm yet lazy brain..

I begin to miss you
And in such sickness my love
An imperfect me and timing
But a perfect, sad longing...

Sitting immobile and numb
My back won't budge
But how to reach the payphone?
Can't even cook my dinner, too damn alone...

No comments: