Monday, December 22, 2003

22nd December 2003

Several random things to share today. Not sure if they would ever link, but they are the thoughts of the day. And in no particular order. :)

1) This filmmaking business is eating my head, because when I am occupied with a million other things, I wish I could spend more time on creative pursuits. But now that I am suddenly free, I am bored and am no longer interested in the long term. I want to write something achievable over this holiday period. So that's what I did yesterday night. Moral of the story is everyone's time will come, and so will mine, as far as the major blockbuster feature film is concerned. Start small, at your own pace, and don't give a damn about those guilt pangs. They are something like hunger pangs I think. So simply exercise, and eat well.

2) Sometimes, although it may seem that the worse state of mind is that of uncertainty, wherein, a yes or no is preferred to don't know, it is great not to know too much, i.e. even to the extent of deliberatley unlearning. This simplifies our life, makes us more humble and flexible, much more receptive to change, and basically keeps us happy and in good spirits all the time. So try it for a while. Unlearn whatever complicated theories of life you have come up with, and I dare say, even if they have come about from experience, because age is a matter of mind, and if you don't mind, then it doesn't matter. Please do share with me if your life has changed as a result, and if it hasn't, keep trying anyway. :))

3) Finally, a quote from John Donne, read it off the starting page of Vikram Seth's novel, "An Equal Music" : And into the gate they shall enter, and in that house they shall dwell, where they shall be no cloud nor sun, no darkness nor dazzling, but one equal light, no noise nor silence, but one equal music, no fears nor hopes, but one equal posession, no foes nor friends, but one equal communion and identity, no ends nor beginnings, but one equal eternity

-end-

No comments: